1. Find indie American folksy backing track with looping melodies
2. Backdrop of sunset and/or urban grittiness
3. Make sure you vary through various climate conditions rain/sun/cloudy/etc
4. Don’t sell, tell
5. Where appropriate apply slow-mo
6. OPTIONAL: cyclist must have beard
Lovely short film animation with lots of homages to Miyazaki (check the bus out).
From the quiet breeze that ruffles the girls dress to the magical fantasy that moves from one scene to another, it’s beautifully put together and has that understated subtle tempo that Miyazaki has.
Really well produced.
Even the cat, nuzzling against the girl’s foot is a real insight into animation.
Made by three students graduated from the National Taiwan University of Arts.